The importance of studying STEM academic disciplines
Each of you heard about this direction for a long time and saw many National Science Foundation projects using this technique.
Already from this, it becomes clear what the main topics of STEM projects are. This is a new trend. Great hopes are pinned on it, such as popularizing engineering and technology professions among young people and raising awareness of career opportunities in engineering.
This is a direction in education in which the natural science component + innovative technologies are strengthened in the curriculum. Technology is even used in the study of creative, artistic disciplines. The child does not just get acquainted with new directions in the development of exact sciences and engineering but learns to implement what they have learned in practice. Students gain practical skills that can make their lives easier, such as building a smart home.
Benefits of Wisconsin STEM education:
- Integrated learning. STEM combines a project-based and interdisciplinary approach that is now recognized as the best by teachers around the world.
- Application of the acquired knowledge in real life. STEM demonstrates how children can use this information in their lives. They will study not just abstract data. They will study a specific project and then - create their own one of a specific product.
- Development of critical thinking. Pupils should learn - on the basis of experience, analogies, and generalizations - to independently navigate even in difficult situations and to solve problems without outside help. Hence, they will be able to write a science and technology essay without the help of a college essay writing service.
- Confidence in their own capabilities. The practical implementation of the idea provides moral satisfaction and increases the child's self-esteem.
- Increased interest in technical disciplines. Students will see that being an engineer or mathematician is not boring at all but rather fun and interesting.
- Innovation. This is a special approach that allows you to study and apply technology and science simultaneously.
- A direct path from training to career. In the near future, an increase in demand is expected for specialists in such specialties as chemical engineers, computer systems analysts, robotics, nuclear medicine engineers, and underwater structures architects.
- Preparation for rapid technological development. One of the main tasks of modern education is to create conditions for the comprehensive development of schoolchildren, taking into account the capabilities of everyone.
If you want to get all these advantages - STEM education is an ideal option.
Identifying, sharing & connecting STEM education initiatives in Wisconsin
All across the state of Wisconsin innovative programs are happening in STEM education, with partnership among educators, government, and businesses supporting these efforts. But, no statewide group currently works to connect these pockets of innovation and maximize what we can accomplish together. Further, Wisconsin's STEM education to career pipeline needs work. Jobs projections show increasing demand for skilled STEM professionals but an uncertain pool of qualified applicants. While Wisconsin has grown slightly in STEM jobs through the past decade, we’re still below the national average in STEM job concentration.
The program, Your Future, is an online platform that connects STEM-related companies with educators and students. Your Future is lead by the Fox Cities Chamber of Commerce and represents a partnership of five school districts and more than one hundred businesses in in the Fox Valley. To help narrow the awareness gap between students and labor force needs, Your Future provides opportunities for job shadows, internships, youth apprenticeships and more. READ MORE